Friday, December 12, 2014

Quilting Progress

I've been quilting along on my new animal mandala, you can see some of the progress below.  I've also been working on some projects for Christmas and trying to find the advent spirit amid the stress and chaos whirling around.



Last night, Mike and I drove around to look at Christmas lights- this is one of my favorite traditions for the two of us.  As always, the lights at Chesapeake were lovely.





Two messages from my advent calendar in the last week that particularly struck me.  "In the 6th century, St. Benedict began his monastic rule with the word 'listen'.  Not a bad word to carry into advent." and "Mary carried Jesus, God's love and truth, into the world.  We can do that too."  I'm trying.



4 comments:

  1. The quilt is looking great.

    What beautiful Christmas lights. I am taking everything slow and steady this Christmas period. We have slowly been adding decorative touches to our house since the 1st of December, and will contiue to do so until Christmas, I have done a couple of Christmas crafts with the kids, our Christmas menu has been roughly planned out and bits and pieces already bought for the meals, we are mostly done with the Christmas shopping, we've simplified wherever we can, and I'm feeling considerably non-stressed compared to previous years.

    I hope things stop being so chaotic for you and that you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting is really coming along, and I like the look of all your inventiveness. Fun to see. Ah, yes, Christmas. It's where we try to cram in about 500% more than we usually do and then try to be cheerful about feeling run over by Too Much To Do. A never-ending conundrum that will resolve itself at some point. I love what the first writer spoke about, but often we can't simplify, but only try to enjoy what we do accomplish. I've had that kind of year, breaking down the tasks into smaller bites, and it's been nice (haven't always had the luxury of this).

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. clapping for joy at the lights! Colors! Tree silhouettes! Love them, and carry your light girl. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete