Monday, January 20, 2014

More Gifts

I promise this will be the last Christmas post-

I just wanted to share a few more things I made as Christmas presents this year.   Mostly there were ornaments-  I send ornaments to a few friends every year and also have the tradition of making a yearly ornament for Mike and Anna and Alex.  Alas,  I neglected to take pictures of the Anna and Alex ornaments and the ones I made for my friends....

Anyhow, I made this ornament for my mom- I was just playing around with different fonts for my embroidery machine.  It didn't really like the "r" on that gold font, live and learn!  It says "Keep your friends close and your seam ripper closer."  The quote was from pinterest of course.


Here's the one I made for Mike this year, it features the logo of the Iron Butt Association.  He's big into long distance motorcycle riding.



And here's the only non-ornament handmade Christmas present for the year-  a doll afghan for Anna to match the afghan I made Alex when he was born.  It was just from scrap yarn (you can see the bright red didn't even make it around once), but Anna seemed to like it and started carrying it around and wrapping her dolly in it right away.  



1 comment:

  1. We love the dolly blanket, also the perfect size right now for a lap blanket in the car! Annas ornament missed the box, ill send u a pic.

    ReplyDelete