Monday, November 25, 2013

Quilt Alliance Interview: Seymour the Coelophysis

I think I mentioned that the Walk in the Wild exhibit that originally hung at the Albuquerque Open Spaces Gallery was shown at IQF Houston this year.  During the show, Betty Busby arranged for all of us who had quilts in the Walk in the Wild and who were at Houston to be interviewed by the Quilt Alliance.  The Quilt Alliance is a group whose goal is to preserve, document, and share the stories behind our quilts.

They did three minute videos with tons of quilters at Houston, not just us, and you can see a bunch of fabulous ones on their YouTube channel.  I talked very excitedly about Seymour the Coelophysis, you can watch it here in case the embedding doesn't work.  You may have to turn up the volume a bit, it was kind of hard for me to hear on my computer.




If you ever find yourself with some spare time, I encourage you to check out the Quilt Alliance channel, you can find so many wonderful videos there.  Thanks so much to them for undertaking this documentation effort and to Betty and the other SAQA New Mexico people for arranging it!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt story! Seems there is a lot of revision of dinosaur history -- I was at a dinosaur exhibit a couple years ago and learned of one being revised from fiercely aggressive to being a slow scavenger. And the hypothesis that they had feathers. And your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your video and I well remember seeing that quilt at Houston and thinking it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete