Monday, October 1, 2012

Cathedral Window Pincushion

The cathedral window pattern has been around for a long time, but I've never had the desire to make a whole cathedral window quilt, although there are some beautiful ones out there.  Recently (for me, which actually means six to eight months ago), I noticed bunches of cathedral window pincushions crop up everywhere and decided that making one would be a good way to satisfy my craving to try the pattern.

Even though I'm trying not to start new projects, I thought doing a little quick-and-done project after having made the entry deadline for Seymour would be just the thing (of course I'm miles behind blogging about it).  I used the Moda Bake Shop Tutorial and made up four of these babies.  Not sure what I'll do with them all, but I'll definitely keep one of them.  I didn't intend for them to be Christmassy, but a bunch of Christmas scraps just jumped out of the bin and begged to be used, so two of them have a wintery sort of feel.







4 comments:

  1. Thanks. These pincushions are really cute. I haven't tried cathedral windows yet but am inspired to try them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Cathedral Window anything. I've also pinned those pincushions on my Pinterest board. I just noticed last week someone had done a pillow and I love it. I've tried it with scrap fabric just in case I didn't like them but I'm so ready to make one. I love how they look. Yours are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration to go try them again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love cathedral windows! I've never tried one myself, however. I like the idea of a pin cushion. I imagine an entire quilt of these would be one of those wips that stay in the closet for decades. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them....I cannot get enough of them! And like Judy, I now plan on doing a few throw pillows!!!

    ReplyDelete