Friday, June 1, 2012

Pie Crusts

I made a lemon meringue pie  (mmm yummy) last night for Mike since its his favorite.  I used to make mostly apple and cherry pies which take both crusts (a top and a bottom) but with the lemon, only the bottom is needed.  Becky said she freezes her left over ball of pie crust, and now every time I make pie crust there's enough to freeze half.  In the process of rolling out my pie crust last night I noticed something I'd observed previously.  Namely, that when my ball of pie crust has been frozen (and then thawed) it seems much more elastic and easy to roll out than when I've made it fresh.







Any of you guys notice this phenomenon with your frozen pie crust?

1 comment:

  1. yummy! I've never noticed that about frozen dough. but I also don't freeze dough that often. I have a recipe for both half (one crust) and whole (two crust) pies.

    ReplyDelete