Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Blocks

I always like to make fun valentine's cards (I'll show some of them next week), and so does my mom.  Before we were quilters, she made all kinds of fun ones, and then after we started quilting she kept at it!

Here's a quilted valentine postcard she made for me about three years ago.


Last year, however, she started a new tradition.  She decided to make my sister and me a Valentine's Day Quilt block every year (until the end of time I think) and then after she passed away, we could make them all into a quilt to remember how much she loves us.  My sister and I thought it was a really sweet idea, and I hope we have lots and lots of blocks to sew together.  

Here are the first two installments:







Hooray Mom!  We love you too!  Can't wait to see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. awwww...that is very sweet! How did she mail the post card? Did she put it in an envelope, or actually mail it like that? that's a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete