Monday, December 12, 2011

The building is growing!

Right now my house is totally chaotic with pre-Christmas crafting.  There are lots of projects going on but that means little time to blog.  As well many of the projects are for people that might read here, so I'll  wait to post them till after the holidays.

I did want to pop in quickly and give you guys an update on my studio project.  Well, last week the builders came!  I'm very excited!

The builder called me and asked me to mark where I wanted the windows, but when I got out there with the chalk, I got a little carried away and left a bunch of different messages!  I'm sure they think I'm nuts.




Anyhow, this is what it looked like at the end of day one!


Here's what it looked like during day 2- it was very cold and I was thrilled that the guys were still working.



In the foreground of that second picture (which Mike took through the sliding glass doors) you can see the barnyard animals that are part of my stick-to-the-window nativity.

And here it is finished (at the end of day 3).





I'm so grateful to be able to be doing such a big project.  The building is absolutely great, total shout out to my builder Rick Means (awesome guy) at Moore Custom Buildings.

I'm now facing the challenge of getting the electrical and the sheetrock done, both of which are presenting much more of a challenge than the building, so who knows when I'll be able to move in, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Hope you're having fun and not stressing too much!


2 comments: