Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Swap Quilt-The Pouch

I'm working on writing up a couple of posts about the swap quilt I made for Jenna's SewHappyGeek tablerunner/wallhanging swap, but in the meantime, I thought I'd show some pictures of the pouch I made to send to my partner as a little extra goodie.  I made it based on the same idea as my first pouch, except this time I actually got the measurements correct.  

I definitely want to give a shout out to Anna over at Noodlehead.  Her tutorial for assembling the pouch is pretty much what I've been doing, and similar to what you can find lots of places.  What makes her description way cool and special is that she totally explains how to get the zipper ends to actually work out properly!!  None of my previous ones ever looked quite right, but thanks to her explanation and diagram, they came out great on this one.  I had some problems with the purple quilting thread, it didn't run as smoothly as some of my other thread, but all in all I think the pouch turned out cute.  I hope my partner likes it!




Have you guys learned any tricks lately for stuff that's been throwing you off?  I love when someone finally explains something in such a way as to give me that "light bulb" moment.


Linking up over at



The Stuff of Success


1 comment:

  1. Love those pintucks! (is that the right word?) I still am zipper-impaired. No matter how many tutorials I read and diagrams I look at I can never get it. I'm starting to hate zippers as much as I hate button-holes. One of these days I'll figure it out....

    ReplyDelete